Thursday, January 31, 2013

Interview with Janet Price

I decided it would be a good idea to interview one of my friend's mom, who is an ER nurse, to get a better understanding of what I want to study and become in the near future in the healthcare profession.


Q: What do you do day to day in your career in the medical field?

A: I take care of patients by administering medication and doing procedures such as room cleansing, dressing, and helping the patients with their daily activities.

She is an ER nurse and rounder, so she is basically in charge of taking care of all of the patients daily needs.

Q: Why did you choose to go into healthcare?

A: I have always been interested in science and the medical field so that I can help others.

Helping people that are in need is also my main reason for pursuing a medical career.

Q: What are some of the perks of being in your career?

A: I have a flexible schedule, it is a good paying occupation and it gives me an opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives.

Making a difference in people’s lives is one of the most amazing feelings ever and that’s what I hope to work up to.

Q: If you could go back to college, would you change your profession?

A: Yes, I would be a pharmacist because I have always had a love for chemistry.

I asked this question to get a better understanding of what are some of the best medical fields to go in to.

Q: What are some different medical fields that you might have chosen and why?

A: I would have been either a pharmacist because of my love for chemistry or become a medical doctor to further my healthcare career in the diagnostic area.

This gave me a new perspective on different areas in the healthcare field.

Q: Do you regret anything about your pathway in medical school?

A: I regret not furthering my education to obtain a medical degree.

I take this into consideration because I want to be completely satisfied with my education when I finish college.

Q: How do different medical fields or departments interact with each other to reach a common goal?

A: Different departments use a collaborative approach to communicate amongst respective divisions to achieve a common goal for our mutual patient.

This answer helps me to get a better understanding of how different medical positions intertwine.

Q: What is the most difficult part of your job?

A: The extreme physical demands of bedside nursing, such as lifting and moving patients.

This makes me think about the negatives that go along with certain medical fields.

Q: What is the most rewarding part of your job?

A: The most rewarding part of my job is helping a patient achieve better health outcomes by providing for all their psychosocial needs.

Psychosocial needs include being there for the patient emotionally not just physically.

Q: If you could change anything about the medical field what would you change?

A: I would change Obama Care, because I believe that massive regulation and overreaching of the government will make healthcare less efficient and detrimental to the health of the patients.

I strongly agree with Mrs.Price’s beliefs, due to the negative comments I heart frequently from medical professionals.

 

1 comment: