Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dr. Siegel Reflection Questions



1. Which of the three R’s do you feel you need to develop?

I need to develop resilience more, because sometimes I let narrow-minded thinking take over and define how I react and act in certain situations.  I need to learn how to let certain situations or ways of thinking not define me and my emotions.

2. What are three books you’ve read in the past year?

I have read The Hunger Games, Pretty Little Liars, and Brave New World in the past year.

3. As a child, what did you do in your free time?

When I was a child, in my free time I would choreograph dances and routines with my sister to showcase to my family.  I would also play with a lot of Barbie’s and jump on my trampoline with my friends.  

4. What’s a goal that has been on your list for a few years?

A goal of mine that has been on my list for a few years is to excel and push my hardest in school, so that I can become valedictorian at the end of my senior year.

5. What do you actually do with your free time?

In my free time I usually study, spend time with my friends, exercise, or relax and watch TV.

6. What types of activities energize you?

Activities that energize me are reflecting on life and spiritual concepts with my friends and family.  Also, participating in competition cheerleading and taking a break from built up stress greatly energizes me.

7. What famous people intrigue you?

Famous people that intrigue me are people like Kim Kardashian or Lindsay Lohan, due to the fact that I reflect on the fact that there has to be more to these people than just being famous and looking good. There has to be some kind of underlying deep emotional issues that make these types of famous people become so addicted to fame.  It intrigues me to know what makes them act the way they do.

1 comment: