Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Brené Brown- vulnerability Q & A


Brené Brown

How would you answer, “Sometimes, I am afraid that I am not ……enough”.

Whenever I think that sometimes, I am afraid that I am not enough I always tell myself that I am always enough even though I am an imperfect person.  I can’t change who I am so I am going to be myself and I will always be enough for the people who love me unconditionally.

 

How do YOU define vulnerability?

I define vulnerability as the fear of not amounting up to what people expect of you in a given situation.

 

Why do you struggle with vulnerability?

I struggle with vulnerability because I always fear letting people down and not living up to their expectations of me.  Sometimes I refuse to put myself in a certain situations because I fear failing.

 

What did you tell yourself when faced with something you thought insurmountable?

I tell myself that I can do anything with enough determination and motivation, when something seems insurmountable.  Even if I don’t succeed on the first attempt I can pick myself up and try again until I succeed.  I was made with all the tools I need to accomplish anything I put my mind to.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment