Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Reflection of Ted Talks Site


- I would study neurology, if I had the time and unlimited resources, because it is something that I would really enjoy learning about every day. 

- I believe that attitude has a greater influence than aptitude.  For instance, if a person is really motivated and has a great attitude about what they are accomplishing then the aptitude will come to them with perseverance. On the other hand, if someone has aptitude but a bad attitude about accomplishing something then they will never succeed or prosper.

- Our current grading system sets some students up for failure and needs to be modified.  For instance, cumulative tests are weak spots for some students, because even though these students’ may know the material they receive a bad grade on the tests because they freeze up.  The education system should set up a personalized learning environment to help students to flourish in their personal strong suits and talents.

- Honors mentorship has instilled a great work ethic into me and has taught me valuable independence and problem solving skills, through real life teaching scenarios.  The program has also brought to my attention skills that I need to work on.  For example, I learned through the many projects and assignments online that I need to improve on my computer skills and time management.

No comments:

Post a Comment