Tuesday, October 9, 2012

College Medical Programs


My Top 3 Medical Colleges:

 Emory
Atlanta, Georgia

University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Vanderbilt
Nashville, Tennessee
http://www.vanderbilt.edu/


I am conducting research on colleges to discover the colleges that will best suit my needs and wants for my future career.  By creating criteria for my “perfect” college, I picked the top three colleges that fit all of my guidelines. I plan to pursue a medical program, when I get accepted into college and the schools I apply to must be highly sought medical schools. I have included criteria, ranking, guidelines, honors and scholarship programs in my research to find the perfect match for me.

My criterion for a quality program of study is it must be well known and have many successful alumni.  The nursing program must be well ranked and have courses that will be required to receive my degree, as well. The professors in the medical program should also be well published. Emory, UNC, and Vanderbilt all exceed my criteria for a qualified healthcare program.

Thankfully, there are no entrance requirements to enter into the pre-med program, until you are trying to receive your degree. I would like to attend a college that is large, located in the South or in a major city, has a great football program, a diverse student body from different places on the globe and receives funding from numerous sponsors’, in order to meet my criteria for a quality educational program. 

UNC is ranked number 11, Vanderbilt 15 and Emory is ranked 21 on their medical program.  This nationwide ranking is based off of MCAT scores, peer assessment, research activity, number of students going into primary care, student selectivity, GPA and the acceptance rate.

 If a student academically excels in the rigorous medical courses then they can be awarded professional honors.  This could include Scholar Programs that give the students more opportunities and resources to succeed by providing them with a better amenities and educational opportunities.


Scholarships:

Tommy Aaron/Charlie Aaron Foundation Scholarship

Jenny Melton Scholarship

Zell Miller

 

No comments:

Post a Comment